onsdag 25. september 2013

Accidental adventures

Soo, I forgot to tell you guys that last week I went on an adventure. Sadly, it was an accidental adventure.

I had just been to lunch with a new friend, another Norwegian au pair, and was on my way home when I got seriously lost. Getting lost would have been fine, but I also had to pick up the oldest of the two kids from school. MAJOR FREAKOUT.

I decided to get of a stop early on the tube so that I could walk for a bit, maybe look around. That turned out to be the worst idea ever.

So I walked out of the tube station, and walked the wrong way. I walked and walked, convinced that I was going the right way. So about 15 minutes into the walk I realized that I should be seeing something familiar, but everything was wrong the houses, the neighborhood and the roads. Thank god for Google maps!!

So with about 25 minutes to go until pickup time at school and me being about 45 minutes walk away the sweat started to run down my face. I quickly sped up my walking pace to almost a jog, and with my face all red and flustered I decided to take the bus. And got on the wrong bus. Wrong fucking side of the road. Fuckin' Britian.

Fortunately I realized my mistake pretty quickly and got off after one stop, and ran to catch the bus on the other side.

Somehow I was only 10 minutes late for pickup, and wasn't the last one there.

Hopefully I'll never have an adventure like that.

Elisabeth xx


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar